HOW WE OPERATE
PGN's SER Program is designed to ensure that it touches on some of the core interests of the stakeholders, thus providing various benefits in line with the growth of the Company. These include:
- Helping empower the communities and the environment, particularly in the vicinity of PGN's operations.
- Improving community welfare and environmental improvement.
- Increasing the public's understanding of PGN by informing them of the social and community activities being undertaken.
- Supporting the operational efficiency of the Company with the support of Units/Areas/Districts for the implementation of the SER Program.
- Building empathy between the community and PGN.
- Creating a positive public image of PGN.
- Increasing the Company's value by establishing a good reputation.
The Company's SER mission is:
• To make an active contribution to improving community welfare;
• To make an active contribution to educating the community through education programs;
• To make an active contribution to protecting the environment.
The implementation of all the SER programs is adjusted to the findings of the Environmental Impact Analysis (AMDAL) and the Environmental Management-Environmental Monitoring (UKL-UPL) that is undertaken prior to the construction of each transmission and distribution pipeline route.
Following the construction of transmission and distribution networks, PGN monitors the impact of these networks on the surrounding environment. Monitoring usually focuses on the quality of the air, water, and soil, as well as noise levels, which must be below the threshold level stipulated by the agency concerned.
Reports are submitted every semester to the related agencies, namely Environment, Bapedalda, and Migas.
PGN's operational activities do not directly produce solid or liquid waste or emissions that endanger the environment. However, in line with the provisions of the AMDAL and UKL-UPL documents, PGN monitors the quality of the soil, water and air as well as noise levels based on the stipulated standard quality parameters. The results indicate that the quality of the soil, water and air are consistently below the stipulated threshold parameters.